Welcome to The Paper Moon ~ Introduction, and My Beginnings

For as long as I can recall, I've been a huge fashionista and vintage enthusiast. When I received an authentic [late] 1960's dress at age 12 - my very first vintage garment - my love for the style grew even more.



It wasn't long before I began begging my mother to take me to yard sales, thrift stores and vintage boutiques in hopes that I might be lucky enough to come across another vintage treasure. In the event that she'd give in, and that I'd actually find something, I was ecstatic! As soon as we'd get home, I'd take the item(s), rush to locate my laptop, and spend as long as it took to research them and learn their history. I was eager to know from which era they came, their market value, their materials, etc., but most importantly, how to style and wear them in the modern world. That was partly (my sister helped) how I was introduced to the world of vintage fashion blogs.

It's been several years now, and my passion for vintage style hasn't changed a bit. I've only fallen more and more in love with the it, while thankfully growing in and learning to treasure my femininity through it. And so, reader, I decided to create this blog because I wish to share with you my passion for these living remnants of past times. I wish to share with you a multitude of things - from their history, to how to style them, to how vintage fashion helped me pursue [Biblical] femininity, and beyond.

I truly hope that you enjoy and can take away new thoughts and encouragement from my writing. Thank you dearly for stopping in!


Sincerely,
Allyson


(The name "Paper Moon"  if you're wondering, comes from a popular prop found in many fashion ads and photographs of my favorite fashion decade, the 30s.)

Comments

Popular Posts